Monday, August 20, 2012

80th Birthday Cake for Grandma Frog

My most recent baking adventure unfortunately occurred during Seattle's unusaul heat wave a deadly high of 97! I know if you're not from here you laugh at that but I'm a baby and I live on the third floor of an un-airconditioned apartment in which I do all my baking so I'm just happy to be alive!  For my grandma in laws birthday I wanted to make an ecclectic cake featuring things from her life that make her smile so the top of the cake is a tribute to XXX Drive-in in Issaquah where she used to work and met here husband.

The cake is Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake. Though its a rather moist cake for a project like this I couldn't help myself since its delicious and this blog is all about deliciosity.  It's filled with Raspberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream and covered with a Chocolate SMBC and then decorated with homemade Marshallow fondant for those who are interested. Next time I will probably use modeling chocolate for the figurines.





Basic Swiss Meringue Buttercream

I am not yet an expert so for the recipe I used and great step-by-step tutorial check out Sweetapolita's blog by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment