Friday, March 30, 2012

Chocolate Fix- Cocoa Crinkle Cookies

A new post is long overdue and the truth is over spring break I had planned to do all sorts of baking and posting.  I figured with all my free time I would be able to try out all these new recipes and even a cake or two since my brother's birthday was coming up, but then I got my butt kicked by one of the worst colds ever. The three day fever was not my idea of spring break, I didn't even get to make my brother's birthday cake because I was spending some quality time in the hospital. Anyways, now that I'm almost fully recovered I decided to ease my way back into baking with one of my favorite Cocoa Crinkle Cookies.



This lovely recipes was taken from one of my all time favorite cookbooks. You can always tell my favorite recipes because those are the pages with batter splatter all over the pages.






Cocoa Crinkle Cookies
Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oik
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/3 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • powdered sugar for rolling
Directions
  1. Combine sugar and oil either with a mixer or by hand.  Add in cocoa.
  2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
  3. Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  4. Heat oven to 350. Then shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll into powdered sugar.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.





1 comment: